Dental disease can pose serious health issues in our pets.
- Oral discomfort
- Oral Infection
- Bacteria from the mouth can enter the bloodstream causing secondary problems with the heart, liver and kidneys.
At Wags and Whiskers Veterinary Service we offer different solutions to fit your pet’s dental needs.
We offer consultations on how to care for your pet’s oral health at home.
- Brushing at home: We will go over how to brush your pet’s teeth at home and share our recommendation on the appropriate product to use.
- OraVet Chews: We carry OraVet Chews at our clinic. OraVet chews are clinically proven to reduce bad breath, plaque and tarter formation. They are the only treats with an FDA label supporting their claims.
- Hill’s Prescription diets: We carry Hill’s Prescription Diet T/D, a therapeutic dry food that is clinically proven to reduce plaque, stain and tarter build up.
We also offer in house maintenance dental cleanings for pets as well as cleanings for pets with advanced dental disease.
- Pets are admitted and placed under general anaesthesia. Dr. McFarland scales and polishes each patient’s teeth. Gum health is restored. Any unhealthy or compromised teeth are extracted during the cleaning.
Learn more about us and the care we’ll be giving your pets
Contact us today and schedule an appointment